How to upgrade BusyCal
You may upgrade from BusyCal 2 to BusyCal's latest version as follows:
How to upgrade to BusyCal
- Download the BusyCal 30-day trial.
- Run the installer to install BusyCal over your existing BusyCal 2 installation.
- Launch BusyCal. The Setup Assistant will walk you through the upgrade process. Your existing BusyCal 2 data will be upgraded to BusyCal 3.
Note: BusyCal requires macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or later.
How much does the BusyCal upgrade cost?
- Existing BusyCal customers can upgrade to BusyCal for $29.99.
How to qualify for BusyCal upgrade pricing
BusyCal upgrade pricing is available to all customers exclusively on the BusyMac Store, whether you previously purchased direct or from the Mac App Store.
If you install BusyCal over your existing BusyCal 2 installation, the software will detect that you are eligible for upgrade pricing. In which case, you can initiate the purchase of the upgrade from within the app by selecting BusyCal > Register > Buy Now. This will launch the BusyMac Store in your web browser and add BusyCal to your cart at the $29.99 upgrade price. This option will work for customers who purchased direct as well as those who those who purchased on the Mac App Store.
Alternatively, you can purchase the BusyCal upgrade from the BusyMac Store by entering the email address you used to purchase your existing BusyCal license. If a record of your purchase is found in our system, an email will be sent to you with a link to purchase the upgrade. If a record of your previous purchase is not found, please contact us for help.
Upgrading to BusyCal for Mac App Store customers
The process of qualifying for upgrade pricing outlined above will work for those who purchased direct as well as those who purchased from the Mac App Store.
If you purchased from the Mac App Store and the above process is not successful at identifying you as an existing customer, please email us one of the following forms of proof of purchase, and we will send you a link to purchase the upgrade.
- A screenshot showing BusyCal on the Purchased tab in the Mac App Store app.
- A copy of your iTunes receipt showing the purchase of BusyCal.
- Your BusyCal logs. The logs are typically used for troubleshooting problems, but can also show whether or not you previously used the Mac App Store version.
How to qualify for a free BusyCal 3 upgrade
The BusyCal 3 upgrade is free for those who purchased BusyCal on or after March 1, 2016.
- If you purchased BusyCal 2 direct from BusyMac on or after March 1, 2016, the registration code you received will work with BusyCal 3. If you installed BusyCal 3 over your BusyCal 2 installation, you won't have to re-enter your registration code. If for some reason you do need to re-enter your registration code and you can't find it, you may look up your registration code here.
- If you purchased BusyCal 2 from the Mac App Store on or after March 1, 2016, we will not have any record of your purchase and you will need to contact us to provide proof of purchase (see the instructions for Mac App Store customers above).
how do I upgrade. Upgrading BusyCal