Dec 19, 2018
BusyCal 3.5.7 has been released and is available for download. We stagger our roll-outs, so in case you don't see one available within the app, feel free to download the latest trial version.
- Weather Underground has retired its service. BusyCal weather updates are now powered by Dark Sky, which provides more accurate weather forecasts. It's also now easier to perform a city / town / zip-code lookup in preferences.
- Improved handling of CalDAV meeting invitations where these wouldn't otherwise show in the Inbox
- Completed todos with due times now show at their original due times instead of in the all-day section. This behavior can be changed from Preferences > ToDos.
- The "Carry forward uncompleted todos" setting no longer includes completed todos
- Updates to events with pending invites are now automatically synced to the server
- Meeting invitations sent to group calendar on Exchange, no longer appear in the Inbox when you're not invited
- WebEx meeting links inserted by google are no longer stripped out
- Extra details related to an embedded Hangouts call, hidden by default, can now be seen by clicking on a (i) button next to the Join Hangout Call link.
- Improvements to accounts preferences
- Several CalDAV servers (including iCloud) reject accepting Todos containing custom alarms with 'Open file' attachments / URLs. This option has now been disabled.
- Improved display of event tiles using custom condensed fonts
- Fixed a bug where the To-do list would not at times refresh if 'Show Completed Todos' was set to 'In Calendar Range'
- Fixed a bug where alerts would not fire for some unselected calendars
- Fix for Outlook and Airmail opening multiple windows when using the "Email attendees" option
- Performance improvements
- Ongoing stability improvements
How to install the update
The update is free for all BusyCal 3 customers and is available now.
- Direct customers can update by selecting Check for Updates from the BusyCal menu.
- Mac App Store customers can update from the Updates tab on the Mac App Store.
- New users can download the BusyCal 30-Day Trial.