Dec 11, 2021
BusyCal 2021.4.3 has been released and is available for download. We stagger our roll-outs, so in case you don't see one available within the app, feel free to download the latest trial version.
- 🆕 Specify a custom work week under Preferences > General. Days not part of the work week will appear shaded.
- 🆕 Option to show an alternative calendar in month view, under General Preferences: Chinese, Hebrew, Islamic
- 🆕 Option to display a third timezone in Day / Week views under Preferences > Advanced
- 🆕 Join conference call button now appears within the menu app listing for events with conference calls
- 🆕 Join conference call button now appears in day and week view
- 🆕 Webex (by Cisco) integration. You can now add a Webex account to add conference calls to events with a single click.
- 🆕 Menu bar icon display options from under Preferences > General, including a new colored menu bar icon
- 🆕 Menu app surfaces the next upcoming conference call to appear near the top, along with a quick join button
- 🆕 Menu app now displays an optional count-down for upcoming conference calls
- 🆕 Holidays now show in calendar / tag color when preference is set to show events in color
- 🆕 New edit menu options to duplicate an event as a task and vice versa
- 🆕 The context (right-click) menu for selected events and tasks now lets you batch assign / remove "My Tags" separately
- 🆕 Print option added to show a custom footer text in printouts
- 🆕 Ability to show print date for Day View
- Improvements to conference call detection
- Improvements to all-day event layout
- Improvements to multi-day events. Start and end times are now displayed on the calendar
- Improvements to day / week view layout
- Improved weather icon / temperature layout for month view
- Improved automatic removal of invalid characters during sync
- Improvements to timezone picker / city searches. Support for Baker Island (GMT -12) added.
- Improved contact searching when entering a location
- Improved handling of failures during sync with Reminders
- Improved support for Confluence CalDAV server
- "1 week before" added to the alarm pre-presets
- Up / down arrows in month view now advance to the previous / next week
- When dragging tasks from OmniFocus to create events, BusyCal now applies the duration (if any) to the event too
- Today indicator in calendar is now consistent with other Today markers / buttons
- Right-clicking in Day / Week view to create a new Event now picks the correct time. 'Default Time' is used if the time picked is before preferred time.
- Switched to a new weather service as Dark Sky is ending 3rd party developer support soon
- Visual tweaks and improvements
- Performance improvements
- Fixed bug where dragging and dropping multiple .ics files would result in importing only the first one on Big Sur and above
- Fixed bug where Task list would appear clipped in Print View
- Fixed bug where all-day events would at times appear overlapped in week view
- Fixed bug where Day view would not show graphics / weather correctly
- Fixed bug where a failure during a batch drag and drop of events between calendars would prevent some events from moving correctly
- Fixed bug where the menu app after a reboot would at times incorrect show events from all calendars, including unchecked / hidden
- Fixed bug where the menu app would show events for accounts that have been disabled
- Fixed bug where the menu app would show events for accounts that have been marked as excluded
- Fixed bug where menu app would not dim past events if preference was enabled
- Fixed bug where the mini calendar in the left panel would highlight the wrong week day at times
- Fixed bug where advancing a day in week view would not work if weekends were hidden and the day to advance to was a weekend
- Ongoing stability improvements
How to install the update
The update is free for all BusyCal customers and is available now.
- Direct customers can update by selecting Check for Updates from the BusyCal menu.
- New users can download the BusyCal 30-Day Trial.
In case your license has expired, you can renew your license from here.