Busy Apps Blog
BusyCal 2024.1.1 has been released and is available for download. We stagger our roll-outs, so in case you don't see one available within the app, feel free to download the latest trial version directly.
- 🆕 Multiple default alarms can now be configured in Settings > Alarms
- 🆕 Additional custom sounds under Settings > Alarms
- 🆕 New setting added to use sound preference for all alarms
- 🆕 New setting to configure Floating Time as default under Settings > Time Zones
- 🆕 Custom Font for notes can now be configured under Settings > Appearance > Fonts
- 🆕 Recently added invitees and contacts are now automatically remembered
- 🆕 Natural language support for journal entries. Prefix sentences with: ">", "memo", "log" or "journal"
- 🆕 New up next + calendar widget
- 🆕 Sort Smart Filters alphabetically
- ✨ Colors can now be assigned to read-only events via colored "my tags"
- ✨ "New Calendar Set" menu option added to the File menu
- ✨ New accessibility setting to disable click-and-drag event creation
- ✨ Enhanced natural language date range recognition in Quick Entry
- ✨ Double clicking on the date number in Day View now takes you to Week view
- ✨ 1st of each month now visually stands out
- ✨ Improved sorting of tasks within widgets
- ✨ Improved handling of corrupt .ics files during import
- ✨ Improved text color in dark mode
- ✨ "Reset manual ordering" option added to the context menu for Task calendars (in the left sidebar)
- ✨ Open main calendar from the menu app
- ✨ View settings now automatically sync between devices over iCloud
- ✨ Copying an event with an embedded conference call now copies the meeting link to the clipboard as well
- ✨ "Copy attendees", and "Show only this calendar" options added to event's context menu
- ✨ Go To Date text entry field now automatically picks a future date when year is not specified
- ✨ Google Doc attachments (from Google Calendar) now display the document name where possible
- ✨ Converting an all-day task to a timed task now assigns the default timed-alarm(s) if set
- 🔨 Fixed an issue where opening events from search results would require a double-click
- 🔨 Fixed an issue where banners would appear black when printing on Sonoma
- 🔨 Fixed bug where the menu app's date sections would overlap at times
- 🔨 Fixed bug where the menu app would not show an event if an identical event belonged to a manually hidden calendar
- 🔨 Fixed how snooze alerts are added to recurring events. Snoozes now get added to the snoozed occurrence instead of all occurrences
- 🔨 Fixed bug where assigning a local tag on a meeting would at times present a "Notify Organizer" prompt
- Ongoing stability improvements
- 🔨 Fixed bug where MS Teams meetings created in Google Calendar would incorrectly get identified as Google Meets
- 🔨 Enabling "Ignore attachments" on an Exchange calendar now works as expected
How to install the update
The update is free for all BusyCal customers with a valid license and is available now.
- Direct customers can update by selecting Check for Updates from the BusyCal menu.
- New users can download the BusyCal 30-Day Trial.
- Mac App Store users can download the update directly from the store page once it's been reviewed and approved by Apple
- Setapp users can launch the Setapp app and select Check for Updates from the Setapp menu
In case you own a direct, perpetual copy and your license has expired, you can extend your license from here to receive an additional 18 months of updates.
If your license does not cover this update or you'd like to downgrade to a previous version, please click here.