We're pleased to announce a major update to BusyCal that adds support for Exchange and Office 365. BusyCal 2.5 enables users to sync and share calendars with other Exchange users in large organizations and educational institutions.
BusyCal 2.5 now supports all leading calendar servers including iCloud, Google Calendar, and Exchange. BusyCal 2.5 is compatible with Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2013, including hosted services like Office 365, and supports Exchange Calendars and Tasks, calendar sharing, and meeting scheduling (including viewing free/busy time).
BusyCal is ideal for any Mac user that requires more power and flexibility than the built-in Calendar app on OS X, while maintaining compatibility with the leading calendar services (iCloud, Google, and Exchange) and the mobile devices (iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile) that sync with those services.
BusyCal 2.5 supports the following Exchange features:
- Calendar Sharing — Each calendar can be shared with multiple users, each with different access privileges (free/busy, read-only, read/write, delegate, etc.).
- Public Calendars — Company-wide public calendars can be subscribed to in BusyCal.
- Free/Busy - Meeting organizers can view attendee availability when scheduling meetings.
- Push — Changes are synced immediately between Exchange and BusyCal via Push.
- Tasks — Tasks can be synced with Exchange and shared with other BusyCal users. Repeating Tasks are supported, either on a fixed interval (e.g. every week on Monday), or dynamically regenerated based on the completion date of the previous Task (e.g. one week after completion).
- Categories — Categories in Outlook are mapped to tags in BusyCal.
- Notifications — Notifications can be displayed when changes are made on shared calendars.
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
- An iCloud, Google, or Exchange account
- BusyCal costs $49.99 (USD) per user and is available now on the Mac App Store.
- BusyCal 2.5 is a free update for existing BusyCal 2.0 customers.
- A full functioning 30-day trial is available for download.
Upgrading to BusyCal 2.5
- If you are running BusyCal 2.0, simply download the BusyCal 2.5 update from the Mac App Store. All existing features will remain the same, plus you'll get the additional Exchange support.
- If you are running BusyCal 1.6 or BusySync 2.3, please read Upgrading to BusyCal 2.5 before you install BusyCal 2.5.
Please contact us if you have any questions. We're here to help.