Feb 10, 2019
BusyCal 3.6.1 has been released and is available for download. We stagger our roll-outs, so in case you don't see one available within the app, feel free to download the latest trial version.
- NEW: busycalevent://new URL handler for creating events, now supports assigning notes
- NEW: Hold down the 'Option / Alt' key while accepting an invitation from the Inbox to accept all invites at once
- NEW: 'Go To Date' picker now offers an additional calendar control to pick a date from
- NEW: Right clicking on the toolbar buttons for 'Week' and 'Month' views now allows you to quickly change viewing options
- NEW: Info panel now translates dates into local time where the timezones are different
- Event titles now display more text vertically in day and week views when event times are turned off
- Improved display of adjacent and overlapping events in Day and Week views
- Improved processing of CalDAV meeting invites for shared calendars
- Improved "sync at launch" for accounts with Push sync enabled
- Improved weather data retrieval
- Improved detection of HTML in notes
- Improved .ics importing
- Improved processing of delegated meeting invites from Exchange
- Improved processing of large HTML notes for Exchange
- Improved reporting of connectivity errors
- Improved formatting of event durations in List View
- Improved search results that now display both start and end times for events
- Info panel now identifies detached repeating events for clarity
- Info panel colors due dates red for overdue to-dos
- When deleting multiple events, you can now prevent the prompt from showing repeatedly
- When cutting / moving / deleting multiple recurring events, you can now prevent the change confirmation prompt from showing repeatedly
- Travel time drop-down now includes a "45 minutes" alert preset
- Fixed icon reflecting Organizer's attendance in meeting invites
- Fixed manual sorting of To Dos when sorting by Priority
- Fixed issue where drag and drop from OmniFocus would create duplicate events
- Fixed a bug with the date picker on macOS 10.12 that would lead to a crash
- Fixed info panel not updating its background color when switching beteeen dark / light appearances
- "Email Attendees" now no longer opens multiple windows when using MailMate
- "Open File" custom alarm option has been removed for iCloud. iCloud no longer supports syncing such alarms.
- Ongoing stability improvements
How to install the update
The update is free for all BusyCal 3 customers and is available now for direct customers. The Mac App Store version has been submitted to Apple for review and will be available on the Mac App Store once approved by Apple.
- Direct customers can update by selecting Check for Updates from the BusyCal menu.
- Mac App Store customers who don't want to wait for the update to become available on the Mac App Store can download the direct version and install it over their Mac App Store version.
- New users can download the BusyCal 30-Day Trial.