Busy Apps Blog
BusyCal 2021.4.0 has been released and is available for download. We stagger our roll-outs, so in case you don't see one available within the app, feel free to download the latest trial version.
- Improved detection and handling of conference calls in the Alarm Window
- When a new task cannot be added to an events-only selected calendar, the last used calendar is picked instead
- Re-selecting a smart filter now automatically clears unsaved changes
- A local "My Alarm" is now used for snoozing Google Calendar events given the lack of proper snooze handling
- Clicking "Today" in Day / Week view takes you to "Now" if not visible on screen
- Alarm window can now be minimized
- New setting added under Preferences > Alarms to disable showing the alarm window in all desktop spaces
- Calendar dropdown now displays the account name if there are multiple calendars by the same name
- New option added to a repeating event's context menu to go to the first occurrence
- Performance related improvements
- Fixed bug with next / previous week in Week View when showing other than 7 days
- Fixed bug where the "repeat until" date picker would close abruptly at times
- Fixed bug where week would would not appropriately refresh at times after moving an event to a new date
- Fixed bug where deleting a recurring task set to regenerate on completion date would not show a confirmation prompt
- Fixed clipping of date when printing day view
- Fixed bug with acknowledgement of alarms where at times older alarms would re-appear after a reboot
- Fixed bug where task checkboxes weren't tinted with the correct color during printing
- Fixed bug in menu app where all day events spanning across two months would show on the wrong offset at times
- Fixed bug where printing from list view for certain years would cause a crash
- Fixed bug where typing GMT in the Timezone Picker would not show any results
- Fixed bug where timezone would not show in the Info Panel for certain account types
- Fixed bug where all day events from Exchange would incorrectly get re-adjusted for their timezone offsets when the server had already applied an adjustment, resulting in events appearing a day earlier in some cases
- Fixed bug where pasting a multi-day all-day event into Excel would add an incorrect day offset to the end date
- Fixed bug where selection of events would at times lose when switching between week and day view
- Fixed a dark mode related glitch with Info Panel popover
- Fixed bug with drag-resizing a selected event when overlapped by another in week view
- Fixed an issue with Google Calendar where sudden connection failures would result in partially missing data, resulting sometimes in losing calendar subscription status
- Fixed cliping of date label in Day view when the window is resized
- Added a fix for a recent change in Zoom where a password would not get assigned to a meeting under certain circumstances
- Improved handling of Zimbra TZIDs with missing timezone names
- Improved handling of failures from Google Calendar when fetching updates from delegates
- Ongoing stability improvements
How to install the update
The update is free for all BusyCal customers and is available now.
- Direct customers can update by selecting Check for Updates from the BusyCal menu.
- New users can download the BusyCal 30-Day Trial.
In case your license has expired, you can renew your license from here.