Busy Apps Blog
We are preparing to release BusyCal 2.6, which adds many improvements and bug fixes, and paves the way for future integration with BusyContacts. It is available now as a public beta. We encourage anyone who is experiencing bugs in BusyCal to install the public beta.
- Database format changed to support future BusyContacts integration
- Added support for Tag colors (for compatibility with Exchange/Outlook category colors)
- Added support for storing account credentials in Keychain
- Added support for Airmail and MailMate (for sending meeting invites, email alerts and logs)
- Added ability to double-click attached image in Info Panel to open image in Preview
- Added support for iCloud sync-collection on home collection
- Added support for SCHEDULE-AGENT=CLIENT parameter when storing iMIPs to iCloud
- Added synthesized change notifications for all servers
- Added schedule inbox and free/busy support for old-style servers (Google, Kerio, Zimbra)
- Added support for the Synology CalDAV server
- Added support for the eventnoted CalDAV server
- Added support for Fruux public calendar sharing
- Fixed Exchange time zone related bugs
- Fixed Exchange repeating event bug that caused last occurrence to be omitted
- Fixed crash when syncing malformed Exchange categories
- Fixed crash caused by new X-APPLE-TRAVEL-DURATION;VALUE=DURATION parameter
- Fixed Google 410 error when privileges change requiring a full sync
- Fixed Google null title bug on free/busy calendars to display Busy rather than null
- Fixed Zimbra null title bug on private events to display Private Event rather than null
- Fixed bug caused by malformed timezones in British Airways ics files
- Fixed bug caused by malformed UIDs in brighttalk.com ics files
- Fixed OS X Server calendar-no-timezone invalid overridden instances bug
- Fixed bug that prevented dragging contacts to Notes field on retina display
- Fixed crash that could occur when changing both an event's time and time zone
- Fixed bug when creating events starting at 11PM via Quick Entry
- Fixed bug when resizing Tags dialog and free/busy viewer
- Fixed bug that caused unnecessary use of GPU
How to install the BusyCal 2.6 Public Beta
If you would like to test the new version, please download the public beta and let us know if you discover any issues.
Anyone can run the public beta, whether you are a new or existing BusyCal user. Once the final version of BusyCal 2.6 is released, you'll be able to purchase or download the update from the Mac App Store. The update is free for BusyCal 2.x users.
WARNING: The BusyCal database format has changed in version 2.6. So once you install it you cannot go back to BusyCal 2.5.