Busy Apps Blog
BusyCal 2022.3.1 has been released and is available for download. We stagger our roll-outs, so in case you don't see one available within the app, feel free to download the latest trial version.
- 🆕 Events can now be assigned a color via a new drop-down option (using the Info Panel). BusyCal automatically keeps this setting in-sync with the already supported Colored Tags feature.
- 🆕 Event colors from Google Calendar now sync directly with BusyCal
- 🆕 Read-only events, such as holidays, can now also be assigned a color. BusyCal manages this by adding a colored tag to "My Tags".
- 🆕 "Time To Event" count-down added to the Info Panel. You no longer have to decipher start dates and times. This count-down is context aware and works with both events and tasks. It automatically takes travel-time into account where available.
- 🆕 Automatic Tagging is here. You can now create rules to automatically assign specific tags to incoming items during sync. See Preferences > Accounts > Automation. Combine this with colored-tags and smart filters to create powerful workflows.
- 🆕 Push Sync support for Google Calendars (where available)
- 🆕 Smart filters now support adding filters on: start time, end time and due time. You can now filter to show only the events that start within the next 30 minutes, for example.
- 🆕 Spotting "Today" feels like Finding Waldo? Not anymore. BusyCal now highlights the current day when needed. This can be turned on permanently from under Preferences > Appearance > Accessibility.
- 🆕 You can now set a default priority for new tasks. See Preferences > Tasks.
- 🆕 Support for Time Sensitive notifications when using Notification Center alarms
- 🆕 Ability to snooze events and mark tasks as completed when using Notification Center alarms
- 🆕 New badge count options under Preferences > General > Dock badge count
- 🆕 Events marked as "Free" appear with a dashed color band in day / week view
- ✨ Today's date now momentarily highlights after opening the app
- ✨ Improved handling of large-sized custom fonts
- ✨ Dates with overflowing events no longer disrupt month view scrolling. Hold down the Option key or select the date to scroll within a day instead.
- ✨ Availability viewer no longer hides when losing focus
- Fixed bug where after moving an event, the popover would at times only display the notes section
- Fixed bug where the cursor would jump to the starting position in the notes section, at times, when editing a recurring item
- Fixed bug where the info panel would at times lose keyboard focus immediately after creating a new task
- Ongoing stability improvements
How to install the update
The update is free for all BusyCal customers and is available now.
- Direct customers can update by selecting Check for Updates from the BusyCal menu.
- New users can download the BusyCal 30-Day Trial.
In case your license has expired, you can renew your license from here.