Busy Apps Blog
We're celebrating BusyCal's four year birthday this month! It's hard to believe it's been four years since we released BusyCal 1.0. It's actually been six years if you go back as far as BusySync 1.0, which formed the foundation that BusyCal is built upon.
Here's a brief history of our major milestones to date:
- BusySync 1.0, Oct. 2007 - A background app that enabled users to share iCal calendars over a local area network.
- BusySync 2.0, Apr. 2008 - Added the ability to sync iCal with Google Calendar (our first Eddy award winning app).
- BusyCal 1.0, Oct. 2009 - A calendar app replacement for iCal that included the LAN and Google syncing capabilities pioneered in BusySync (our second Eddy award winning app).
- BusyCal 1.5, Nov. 2010 - Added support for syncing with MobileMe and other CalDAV servers.
- BusyCal 1.6, Oct. 2011 - Added support for iCloud and CalDAV calendar sharing.
- BusyCal 2.0, Oct. 2012 - Major upgrade with dozens of new features and enhancements.
- BusyCal 2.5, Oct. 2013 - Added support for Exchange.
As you can see from the timeline above, we have spent the last six years constantly improving BusyCal and making it the best calendar app available for the Mac. (Our history of building great calendar apps for the Mac goes back over 22 years — we were the original developers of Now Up-to-Date, a revolutionary network calendar for Mac OS 7 that shipped in 1991.)
We live and breathe calendaring and will continue to make BusyCal the most dependable, reliable and compatible calendar app on the Mac for many years to come. Please join us in wishing BusyCal a happy birthday!