BusyContacts 1.0.3 has been released. This version includes several enhancements and bug fixes, plus changes to Facebook and LinkedIn syncing.
- Added Envelope Printing
- Added menu command for copying a contact's card URL to clipboard
- Added support for tag expansion in BusyCal's attendee and contact fields
- Added contextual menu when control-clicking on a field value for copying, etc.
- Improved background syncing and auto-linking to avoid editing hiccups
- Improved busycontacts:// URL handler API to accept AB UIDs and support creation of new contacts
- Facebook syncing is now done via AddressBook framework to deal with Facebook API shutdown on April 30th
- LinkedIn syncing is now done via AddressBook framework to deal with LinkedIn API shutdown on May 12th
- Display confirmation dialog when filtering by tag and deleting a contact
- Fixed "is not set" Smart Filter bugs
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Facebook and LinkedIn syncing changes
Facebook and LinkedIn are changing their Terms of Service for third-party API access, which prohibits BusyContacts from syncing directly with these services. As a work around, BusyContacts will sync indirectly with these services through OS X Contacts. But this means that OS X Contacts must be configured to sync with these services and you must launch OS X Contacts from time-to-time to retrieve updates from these services.
Once you have Facebook and LinkedIn syncing configured in OS X Contacts, you should see the same Facebook and LinkedIn contacts in BusyContacts. You will probably see fewer Facebook contacts than in previous versions of BusyContacts, however, because OS X Contacts only syncs Facebook contacts who have useful contact information like an email address or mailing address.
How to install the update
BusyContacts 1.0.3 is a free update for all BusyContacts 1.0 customers and is available now.