The Activity List shows a chronological listing of activities associated with the selected contact. You can show or hide the Activity List by selecting View > Show/Hide Activity List.
Activities are arranged into the following sections:
- Calendar Events — A list of calendar events in BusyCal that include the selected contact as a meeting participant, or linked contact. Note: BusyCal is required for displaying Calendar Events. See Linking Contacts with Events in BusyCal for more info.
- Mail — A list of messages in Apple Mail to/from the selected contact. NOTE: Only Apple Mail on macOS 10.14 and below, and MailMate are supported. Apple has confirmed that macOS 10.15 Catalina does NOT supports providing access to emails to 3rd party apps. If this bothers you, please leave Apple feedback, asking them to enable this much needed functionality.
- Messages — A list of messages in the Messages app to/from the selected contact.
- Twitter — A list of recent Tweets by the selected contact.
By default, all activities are shown. If you wish to hide some activity types to reduce clutter, click on the Activity Menu and uncheck the item types to exclude.
For example, you can uncheck the Sent and Trash checkoxes to show fewer Mail messages.
You can temporarily show or hide a section by clicking the Show/Hide link.
You can perform the following actions in the Activity List:
- Double-click on an item to open it.
- Hover over an item to see more info in a tooltip.
- Select an item and press the space bar to preview it in Quick Look.
- Control-click on an item to display a contextual menu for that item or section.
- Click a To Do's checkbox to complete/uncomplete it.
- Click Show More to show 10 more items (Option-Click or Command-Click to show 100 more).
You can search the Activity List to show only activities that match a text string.
In the example below, a search for "team" reveals two matching items, one calendar event and one message.