BusyContacts can dial phone numbers through an iPhone, Skype, and other third-party dialers.
Wile viewing a contact, if you hover the pointer over a phone number, a link will appear enabling you to dial that phone number when clicked.
The phone number will be dialed on an iPhone, Skype, or other third-party dialer, depening on your FaceTime Preference settings, described below.
If you have an iPhone and are running Yosemite, the phone number will be dialed through your iPhone if you have Continuity configured.
Here are the instructions from Apple's Help Page on how to configure phone dialing via Continuity.
With Continuity, you can make and receive cellular phone calls from your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac when your iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network.
To make and receive phone calls, here's what you need:
- Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices, including your Mac.
- Your iPhone needs to use iOS 8 or later. Your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
- All devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- All devices must be signed in to FaceTime using the same iCloud account.
- Wi-Fi Calling needs to be off. Go to Settings > Phone. If you see Wi-Fi Calling, turn it off.
You can append an extension to a phone number using a comma (,) or semicolon (;). Each behave differently, as in the following examples:
- (415) 555-1212,123 — An extension entered with a comma will pause for 2 seconds after the phone is answered before dialing the extension.
- (415) 555-1212;123 — An extension entered with a semicolon will wait for you to tap on the iPhone to dial the extension after the phone is answered.
If you don't have an iPhone, are not running Yosemite, or prefer to place calls with Skype or a third-party dialer, you can configure FaceTime to dial with something other than the iPhone, as follows:
- Launch FaceTime.
- Select FaceTime > Preferences.
- In the Settings tab, select Skype (or another third-party dialer) from the Default for calls popup menu.
Now, when you click on a phone number in BusyContacts, it will dial through the selected app.