Using BusyContacts with iCloud
iCloud is Apple’s free online service, which includes contact syncing among its many features. BusyContacts can connect to iCloud for syncing contacts across your devices.
BusyContacts can use iCloud to sync contact data across your devices.
To sync BusyContacts with iCloud, do the following:
- Choose BusyContacts > Preferences > Accounts.
- Click the + (plus) icon to add a new account.
- Choose iCloud from the Server Type pop-up menu, enter your Apple ID and password, and click OK.
Note: If you have enabled two-step verification or two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, you will need to set an app-specific password for BusyContacts.
Apple offers optional security enhancements for your iCloud account called two-step verification and two-factor authentication. Both methods require you to verify your identity using one of your devices before you can connect to iCloud with a new device or app.
Apple’s implementation of two-step verification and two-factor authentication is proprietary and only available to Apple apps. If you’re using one of these security measures, you’ll have to create an app-specific password for BusyContacts that lets you sync securely with iCloud.
App-specific passwords are required for all third-party apps that sync with iCloud.
Note: This affects only iCloud users who have enabled two-step verification or two-factor authentication. If you are not using either, you can ignore this.
These are the steps for creating an app-specific password for BusyContacts to sync with iCloud:
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- In the Security section, click Edit.
- Click Generate Password and follow the steps on your screen. The app-specific password is displayed on screen. Write down this password and/or copy it to your clipboard.
- In BusyContacts, choose BusyContacts > Preferences > Accounts, select your iCloud account in the left sidebar, and enter the new app-specific password in the Password field.
iCloud limits the amount of contact data you can sync, as follows:
- Total number of contact cards: 50,000
- Maximum size of a contact card: 256 KB (photo + text)
For more information, see iCloud: Limits for contact, address books and Reminders.