Using BusyCal with Todoist
[Todoist] is a popular task management offering by Doist. You can add an existing account to BusyCal and manage all your Lists and Tasks along with all your other accounts from a single place. Changes made in BusyCal will sync to Todoist and all other devices running Todoist and vice versa.
To sync BusyCal with Todoist, do the following:
- Choose BusyCal > Preferences > Accounts.
- Click the + (plus) button to add a new account.
- Choose Todoist from the Server Type pop-up menu, and click OK.
BusyCal attempts to sync all the information retrieved from Todoist, including projects (calendars in BusyCal), task dates, notes, URL, reminders, labels etc, however the following limitations apply:
- Labels can currently only be created and managed from your Todoist account. These changes automatically sync with BusyCal.
- Some properties are not available: Attachments, Graphics, Locations, Location URLs, Private Flag.
- Location based reminders sync from Todoist → BusyCal, however you cannot currently create one from within BusyCal.
- Assigning "My Alarm", "My Notes", "My Tag" or "Contact" to a Task will not sync across multiple devices running BusyCal as Todoist does not support syncing 3rd party app meta-data.
- Rich-text notes will not sync across multiple devices running BusyCal.
- Snoozing or dismissing alarms on one device does not sync the snooze / dismissal across other devices running BusyCal.
Note that any limits that apply to your Todoist subscription plan also apply from within BusyCal. For instance, non-premium features such as adding an alarm to a task will not be available on a free account.