BusyCal supports a variety of event types, including banners, tasks (also known as to dos), stickies, and journals.
BusyCal supports a variety of event types, including banners, tasks, stickies, and journals.
The following event types are available:
- Banner — An all-day event that can span multiple days, appears above all timed events. To create a new banner, choose File > New Banner, press ⌘-B, or Control-click on a day and choose New Banner from the contextual menu.
- Event — An event with a start and end time. To create a new event, choose File > New Event, press ⌘-N, double-click on a day, Control-click on a day and choose New Event from the contextual menu, or click and drag in the Day or Week view.
- Dated Task — A task with a due date that appears in the calendar and/or Task List. To create a new task, choose File > New Task, press ⌘-K, or Control-click on a day and choose New Task from the contextual menu. See Tasks for more information.
- Timed Task — A task with a due date and time that appears in the calendar and/or Task List. To create a new timed task, choose File > New Timed Task, press ⌘-Option-K, or Control-click on a day and choose New Timed Task from the contextual menu. See Tasks for more information.
- Undated Task — A task with no due date that appears only in the Task List. To create a new undated task, choose File > New Undated Task, press ⌘-U, or Control-click in the Task List sidebar and choose New Undated Task from the contextual menu. See Tasks for more information.
- Sticky — A floating yellow sticky note attached to a date. To create a new sticky choose File > New Sticky, or press ⌘-Y.
- Journal — A Journal event is similar to an all-day event. It occurs on a date, but has no start or end time, and does not occupy any time in your calendar. Journal events can be useful for recording information that occurred on a specific date, such as the details of a discussion, a list of accomplishments, or a diary entry.
- Graphic — A floating graphic attached to a date. Graphics may also be attached to events. To add graphics, drag them onto the calendar from the Graphics Panel (choose Window > Graphics Panel). See Graphics for more information.
Banner, Event, Task, and Journal
This day has a banner, an event, a (dated) task, and a journal:
This day has a graphic:
This day has a sticky:
Working with stickies:
- You can drag a sticky by its title bar.
- To delete a sticky, click in the title bar to select it, then press Delete.
To minimize a sticky to the date header, click the “x” in its upper left corner. Hovering over a minimized sticky displays a magnifying glass, which expands the sticky to its full size when clicked.
In general, Stickies are designed primarily as a decoration for the Month view and are not recommended in Day and Week view (unless minimized).
Note: Stickies, Journals, and Graphics in BusyCal sync between BusyCal clients through iCloud, but appear as all-day events (i.e., banners) in other clients. See iCloud Limitations for more information.